USED ITEM DISCOUNT: Get This Listing Used, for 20% Off. Use Code: USED20
Product Descriptionnew book
Elizabeth Kostova, who spent ten years researching and writing her first novel, THE HISTORIAN, cut that time in half for her follow-up, which investigates the passion which drives both the creative and the destructive instincts of a pair of painters. Andrew Marlowe is an amateur painter and a professional psychiatrist, whose latest client is Robert Oliver, a world-renowned artist who viciously attacked a painting hanging in the National Gallery of Art. In order to comprehend the torment that Oliver is suffering, Marlowe immerses himself in the artist's memory and experience, which in turn leads him to a dark secret hidden in the Impressionist masterpieces of the 19th century. As Marlowe experiences the love and exuberance which once fueled Oliver's genius, he also comes in close contact with the extreme acrimony which might result from losing such precious gifts. Kostova asserts her status in the upper echelon of American writers with this visceral portrayal of the possible costs to those who try to reconfigure the world through color.
1) Money Back Guarantee on All Purchases!|
2) USA GROUND SHIPPING is $4.50 for First item; PRIORITY SHIPPING starts at $6.95.
3) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING starts at $14.95
4) We currently accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER and PAYPAL (all prices are in USD). All orders are processed through Yahoo's secured servers.
5) We ship to North America, South America, Europe and Australia.
6) Refund Policy: Items may be returned within 30 days from the date of receipt, if they were wrongly shipped or damaged upon receipt, for a refund or exchange. Other returns may be subjected to a restocking fee. Customer pays return shipping.