Capital in the Twenty-First Century, Hardcover by Thomas Piketty (Books, new)
Product Descriptionnew book
In this magisterial work, Thomas Piketty has performed a great service to the academy and to the public. He has written a pioneering book that is at once thoughtful, measured, and provocative. The force of his case rests not on a diatribe or a political agenda, but on carefully collected and analyzed data and reasoned thought. The book should have a major impact on our discussions of contemporary inequality and its meaning for our democratic institutions and ideals. I can only marvel at Piketty’s discipline and rigor in researching and writing it. (Rakesh Khurana, Harvard Business School)
This book is not only the definitive account of the historical evolution of inequality in advanced economies, it is also a magisterial treatise on capitalism’s inherent dynamics. Piketty ends his book with a ringing call for the global taxation of capital. Whether or not you agree with him on the solution, this book presents a stark challenge for those who would like to save capitalism from itself. (Dani Rodrik, Institute for Advanced Study)
1) Money Back Guarantee on All Purchases!|
2) USA GROUND SHIPPING is $4.50 for First item; PRIORITY SHIPPING starts at $6.95.
3) INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING starts at $14.95
4) We currently accept VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER and PAYPAL (all prices are in USD). All orders are processed through Yahoo's secured servers.
5) We ship to North America, South America, Europe and Australia.
6) Refund Policy: Items may be returned within 30 days from the date of receipt, if they were wrongly shipped or damaged upon receipt, for a refund or exchange. Other returns may be subjected to a restocking fee. Customer pays return shipping.